Make an impact on healthcare and your career
Call for applications
Do you want to break out of the constraints of traditional research paradigms and programs?
Can you devote one day per week (funded) to participate in a new approach to biomedical research?
An approach that has high potential to yield projects that will have clear impact on medical science, scientists, clinicians, and patients?
Join Catalyst, a pioneering a program for research-driven biomedical innovation
Catalyst accelerates and heightens the potential impact of biomedical research on health technology. Catalyst Fellows collaborate with one another and with and practicing professionals in areas relevant to healthcare to identify and develop a new biomedical research projects.
In collaboration with other Fellows, and guided by a multidisciplinary faculty team from academia, medicine, and industry, you will—
- identify compelling unmet medical needs, unconstrained by the limitations of a single lab or research organization;
- devise a set of possible new solutions;
- meet with stakeholders—those who might ultimately utilize the outcome of the research—to ensure that the solutions are practical and appropriate;
- narrow down to the most promising, and do a proof of concept; and
- explore further funding opportunities for those projects found to have greatest potential for impact.
Focused on real-world medical innovation opportunities
Collaboration across medicine, technology, and business
linQ Innovation Method accelerates impact
Start your application
Post-graduate researcher or practicing professional in engineering, science, and medicine in the Boston area.
About one day per week for six months.
Catalyst is a program of MIT linQ, a collaborative initiative increasing the potential of innovative biomedical research to benefit society and the economy. linQ’s portfolio of innovation programs demonstrates a new paradigm for biomedical research and training